Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Local Pub CAMRA Discounts. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Hunts Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals) and other local beer festivals.
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote quality beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, check out the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
Thank you to all customers, suppliers and sponsors of the St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' festival which was held from 19-21 October 2017. Also a very big thank you to the Burgess Hall staff and the volunteers who made the festival the success it was.
We also presented a number of Branch Pub Awards at this festival, and we offer our congratulations to all those pubs that were nominated and those that went on to win. The group photograph opposite is of all the winners awarded at the Festival along with the St Ives Town Mayor, Councillor Philip Pope.
Our next festival will be the St Neots 'Booze on the Ouse' Beer and Cider Festival
This will be held at the Priory Centre from Thu 15 to Sat 17 March 2018
Put the dates in you diary now!
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Friday 10th November, 15:58 : Nice article in the @huntspost on our branch pub awards. Apologies to the Cambridgeshire POTY, the King of the Belg… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Friday 27th October, 12:35 : On Tuesday MPs will debate tax burden on beer & pubs. Please attend and speak up to #keeppubsafloat @JDjanogly
- Tuesday 24th October, 19:52 : Matchday @StNeotsTownFC v Hitchin #ComeonyouSaints
- Saturday 21st October, 13:33 : Final day of #BOTO in #StIves - We still have over 60 different beers and 14 ciders pouring. Come on down! hunts.camra.org.uk/festivals
- Friday 20th October, 08:27 : RT @camrachairman: Petition: Introduce interim “pub cap” and a full review of the business rate system petition.parliament.uk/petitions/2024… Time to pressure the government
HuntingdonshireCAMRA on Facebook
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 12:30 : Don’t forget to make your nominations for the #PubSavingAward, which is supported by @ThePlunkettFount - the deadli… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Friday, 15:57 : RT @ClaireHanna: Popped into CAMRA NI's 18th Beer & Cider festival at Ulster Hall. Even without touching a drop (maybe later 😇) easy… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Sunday, 10:35 : Industry experts including @RogerProtz and @AJTBeer will be leading beer tastings at @BBCGoodFoodShow. Join us: ow.ly/5KdK30gfl4I
- Saturday, 10:15 : Our #PubSavingAward recognises people that have come together to help save a pub that would have otherwise been dem… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Friday, 15:05 : (Hopefully) right now - ICYMI: @TheStanfordArmsPub, @wigancentral, @CricksArmsWA10 + @WeaversRealAle are our #POTY… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…