Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Local Pub CAMRA Discounts. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Hunts Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals) and other local beer festivals.
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote quality beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, check out the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
Our next festival will be held at the
Burgess Hall, Westwood Rd, St Ives PE27 6WU
from Thursday 18 to Saturday 20 October 2018
We are aiming to have around 66 real ales, plus 16 ciders and perries
Put the dates in you diary now!
Festival Opening Times
Thu 18 Oct - Noon to 10:30 pm
Fri 19 Oct - Noon to 10:30 pm
Sat 20 Oct - Noon to 10:00 pm
2018 Festival Theme
Our theme for 2018 is the 50th Booze on the Ouse Festival (which includes those held in both St Ives and St Neots).
To celebrate the 50th festival we have sourced several beers with Gold or Golden in the name, in addition to the usual number of golden ales.
Beer and Cider Lists
Tickets and Admission
No advance sales - Tickets will be available on the door only
To reduce queues and improve service, a token system will again be used for all purchases at the bar (beer, cider, wine and snacks).
A £10 entry package will be offered. This covers the entry fee, £3 (£4 Fri after 6 pm) for non-CAMRA members, a glass deposit (£3), with the remainder in tokens to spend at the bar. Extra tokens can also be purchased on entry or at any time during the festival. Entrance is only £1 for CAMRA members at all times; your £10 entry package includes the £3 glass deposit and £6 of bar tokens!
Our trade session will be held between 2 and 5 pm on Thu 18 Oct, with pub awards to be presented at ca 4 pm. Complimentary tickets for publicans are being distributed with your delivery of our new Opening Times magazine (Issue 175, Autumn 2018). However, if you are in the trade (e.g. pub, bar, brewery or distributor) and have not received tickets, please contact us at ku.gro.armacstnuh@lavitsef
Sponsor a Cask!
We will be inviting companies, pubs and individuals to sponsor a cask of beer (or a tub/box of cider). The cost of this starts at £35 per cask and you will receive 2 free entry tickets, 2 free souvenir glasses and £10 worth of beer tokens. Other packages are available for sponsorship of multiple casks.
If you sponsor a cask, you will be able to select which beer you would like to sponsor; this will be on a 'first come first served' basis from when the beer list is posted (ca. 3 weeks before the festival opens). Names of companies, pubs or individuals will be displayed at the entrance and above the product(s) they are sponsoring. You are also welcome to bring along advertising flyers etc. to put on the tables in the hall or insert in the festival programme
Please contact Matt George at ku.gro.armac.stnuh@pihsrosnops if you would like to sponsor a cask.
If you have any questions about the St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse', see Festival Details for more details or please contact ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef
Pub and Local Beer and Cider Festivals
We are starting to hear of a number of pub and other local beer and cider festivals that are planned to take place this year. If your local pub is holding such an event or you are organising a local festival that you would like us to list, please send details to ku.gro.armac.stnuh@swen
Click on the following link to see our current listings of pub and local festivals.
Hunts CAMRA Pub Awards 2018
The following awards were presented during the open session of the St Neots 'Booze on the Ouse' Beer and Cider Festival 2018.
The winner of the Overall Branch Pub of the Year 2018 is The Chequers, Little Gransden, which is also the CAMRA Cambridgeshire Pub of the Year 2018
Rural Pub of the Year: The Chequers, Little Gransden
Urban Pub of the Year: The Ale Taster, St Neots
Cider Pub of the Year: The Ale Taster, St Neots
Community Pub of the Year: King of the Belgians, Hartford
Club of the Year: Buckden Village Club
Here are the details of all the other Pub Awards. Congratulations to all winners and nominees.
The following awards will be presented during the trade session at St Ives Booze on the Ouse at ca 4 pm on Thursday 18 October:
MOST IMPROVED RURAL PUB
MOST IMPROVED URBAN PUB
MILD/DARK ALE PUB
Nominations for these awards will be announced here soon
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Saturday, 08:38 : It’s the final day of Booze on the Ouse #BOTO at the Burgess Hall St Ives. We open at noon and it’s another lovely… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 08:22 : Third and final day of #BOTO Get down to Burgess Hall, St. Ives. Good range of beers, keykegs & ciders left. Opens at midday #seeyouthere
- Friday, 12:00 : Lovely day for a beer festival. Come on down to Burgess Hall, St. Ives for day 2 of #BOTO hunts.camra.org.uk/festivals
- Thursday, 16:39 : Late addition to @HuntsCAMRA #BOTO Magpie Brewery-Have your Cake and Egret #spongecakeinaglass available from the s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday, 11:18 : Booze on the Ouse #BOTO opens at noon today in the Burgess Hall, St Ives. Over 60 real ales, plus keg beers and cid… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
HuntingdonshireCAMRA on Facebook
HuntingdonshireCAMRA Young Members on Facebook
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 13:01 : Only two more weeks of #CiderMonth! Today, @DoncasterCAMRA is visiting the Doncaster Brewery Tap, who will be award… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 13:01 : Did you know that, with CAMRA Membership, you can get 49% off entry to the UK's top attractions, including… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 12:30 : Don't forget, you can now vote for your favourite local beer to win Champion Beer of Britain 2019! Voting is open… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday, 17:01 : How quickly is October flying by - and #CiderMonth with it! This evening, our Southport branch are attending a cid… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday, 14:06 : Happy #ThrowbackThursday! Today, why not revisit the #GreatBritishBeerFestival 2018? Check out the video below! 👇👇… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…