Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Hunts Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals).
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote quality beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, check out the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
The next festival will be the St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' Festival from Thu 19 to Sat 21 Oct 2017
Put the dates in you diary now!
Our 2017 theme is the 60th anniversary of the launch of Sputnik-1. This was the first artificial Earth satellite, launched it into an elliptical low Earth orbit by the Soviet Union on 4 October 1957. It was a 58 cm (23 in) diameter polished metal sphere (similar in size to a firkin of ale!), with four external radio antennae to broadcast radio pulses.
To celebrate this, we will be looking to source some beers and ciders with out of this world names! We will also be ordering many of the category winners and runners up from the Champion Beer of Britain Competition held during CAMRA's Great British Beer Festival in August.
We plan to order more than 70 real ales, plus around 20 ciders / perries
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Tuesday 19th September, 18:47 : RT @nbcamra: Have you seen our new video for the Beer Festival? See it here: vimeo.com/233690314 Can you spot... fb.me/NJ9roTqq
- Wednesday 20th September, 10:23 : RT @craftyspoon: Join us here at The Weeping Ash today for Tax equality today and recieve 7.5% of food and drink.
- Monday 18th September, 08:33 : 10 of the best village pubs in Cambridgeshire cambridge-news.co.uk/whats-on/food-…
- Sunday 17th September, 15:05 : Final day of ale fest at the Anchor in Little Paxton. Prices now reduced to clear stock. pic.twitter.com/HwX6PbWXXI
- Tuesday 12th September, 12:45 : RT @CAMRA_Official: To lobby your MP and ask them to help #keeppubsafloat with action on beer duty and business rates, just click here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
HuntingdonshireCAMRA on Facebook
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 19:35 : The Tutored Tasting on IPA takes place with @RogerProtzBeer tomorrow at @stalbansbf at 7.30pm. Find out more: stalbansbeerfestival.org.uk
- Saturday, 11:30 : Last year the @SaveTheDrovers group won the #PubSavingAward, but who will be next? Make your nomination today:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Friday, 12:20 : If you're planning an event to celebrate #CiderMonth, you can order your promo materials here: tinyurl.com/CiderPromotion… 🍎🍏
- Friday, 12:05 : The nominations for CAMRA’s Pub Design Awards closes tomorrow - make your entry now! ow.ly/uaH930eO4Ch
- Thursday, 20:35 : The annual @Ascot_Beer_Festival is back on October 6/7. Discover 240 real ales, ciders + perries, and Flat racing:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…