Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Hunts Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals).
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote quality beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, check out the CAMRA website.
General Election 2017
Thank you to all who contacted their local candidates to let them know how important beer and pubs are to you. Thanks also to all of the candidates who supported our campaign in our local constituencies (Huntingdon, North West Cambridgeshire and South Cambridgeshire). Nationally, 773 candidates pledged support for beer and pubs. Of these, 130 were elected as MPs, which equates to approximately 20% of the House of Commons. You can download the list of elected MPs who supported CAMRA's pledges here.
To quote our National Chairman, Colin Valentine, "Our ongoing successes could not be achieved without CAMRA members taking action to secure the future of the beer and pubs industry for generations to come."
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
The next festival will be the St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' Festival from Thu 19 to Sat 21 Oct 2017
Put the dates in you diary now!
Our 2017 theme is the 60th anniversary of the launch of Sputnik-1. This was the first artificial Earth satellite, launched it into an elliptical low Earth orbit by the Soviet Union on 4 October 1957. It was a 58 cm (23 in) diameter polished metal sphere (similar in size to a firkin of ale!), with four external radio antennae to broadcast radio pulses. To celebrate this, we will be looking to source some beers and ciders with out of this world names!
Please contact us at ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef if you have any questions about our festivals.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Wednesday, 17:27 : Open Branch Meeting tonight at The Anchor, Little Paxton. Starting at 8.15 pm -all members welcome and it's always good to see new faces.
- Sunday 6th August, 13:27 : RT @DickiesBarGBBF: We're delighted to say that all of our beers have arrived at #GBBF & are now on cooling. Most #1's & some #2's have been vented.
- Sunday 6th August, 13:28 : RT @DickiesBarGBBF: #NewProfilePic pic.twitter.com/ItolMqZglZ
- Tuesday 25th July, 07:29 : RT @BoroBeerFest: It's now only 4 weeks until #PBF2017 😀🍺🍺🍺🍺
- Sunday 23rd July, 10:44 : RT @CambridgeCAMRA: @HuntsCAMRA Thanks for coming to our neck of the woods! Hope you had fun! See you again real soon! 🍻#CambridgeCrawl
HuntingdonshireCAMRA on Facebook
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 13:05 : Thinking about nominating a pub for CAMRA's Pub Design Awards? Find the criteria and the entry form here: camra.org.uk/pub-design-awa…
- Saturday, 15:38 : RT @BruceFerguson: Small world view of the construction of @BoroBeerFest Peterborough Beer Festival 2017, looking good!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Saturday, 10:20 : Calling Branch Magazine Editors and contributors - @BGBW have introduced a new 'Beer Citizen Communicator' award:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Friday, 17:10 : We're now out of the office until Monday - have a great weekend every one!
- Friday, 11:55 : Time is running out to nominate a pub in the Pub Design Awards - find out how to enter here: camra.org.uk/pub-design-awa…