Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Local Pub CAMRA Discounts. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Hunts Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals) and other local beer festivals.
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote quality beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, check out the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
Thank you to all customers, suppliers and sponsors of the St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' festival which was held from 19-21 October 2017. Also a very big thank you to the Burgess Hall staff and the volunteers who made the festival the success it was.
We also presented a number of Branch Pub Awards at this festival, and we offer our congratulations to all those pubs that were nominated and those that went on to win. The group photograph opposite is of all the winners awarded at the Festival along with the St Ives Town Mayor, Councillor Philip Pope.
Our next festival will be the St Neots 'Booze on the Ouse' Beer and Cider Festival
This will be held at the Priory Centre from Thu 15 to Sat 17 March 2018
Put the dates in you diary now!
Mystery Coach Trip
Branch social events to pubs and breweries in the region are always packed with laughs and a great atmosphere, and are an easy and enjoyable way to support the local publicans and brewers in and around our area. The recent 'Mystery Coach Trip' took a large group of CAMRA real ale and cider drinkers to the Lord Conrad's Brewery in Dry Drayton, followed by 7 pubs in the area. First of all, we would like to thank brewer Jon Neale for hosting our large group, giving us a brewery talk, and providing a selection of his real ales and cider and only asking for a charitable donation for each drink.
Thanks to the generosity of Jon and the donations from the drinkers £250 was raised for Cancer Research UK. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!
If you would like to come along to future Branch social events, please check out the Hunts Branch Diary for future plans. Also check out the Hunts Branch Memories for photos, reports and memories from previous social events.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Wednesday 17th January, 13:35 : RT @CAMRA_Official: The @cambeerfest starts today and runs until Saturday. The festival aims to have an emphasis on the darker, riche… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday 10th January, 14:54 : RT @huntspost: Prison officer taken to hospital after being ‘attacked by inmate’. Read more: huntspost.co.uk/news/prison-of… pic.twitter.com/3bANPJZwF1
- Wednesday 10th January, 17:00 : RT @cambeerfest: It's one week until we open #cwaf - opening for the first time on a Wednesday. Beer list up at cambridgebeerfestival.com/products/waf22…
- Monday 25th December, 19:18 : Merry Christmas to all, especially our local branch members. Hope you’ve managed to sample a beer (or cider) or two today! 🎄🎅🏻🍻
- Sunday 17th December, 09:36 : Please come along today to our Christmas 'Beer Shopping' event around St. Neots. We will begin in the Barley Mow at… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
HuntingdonshireCAMRA on Facebook
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 19:50 : All members will be able to vote on the final Revitalisation Project recommendations. Find out more about the prop… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Monday, 09:06 : CAMRA members will soon have their say on recommendations for change suggested following the Revitalisation Project… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Saturday, 11:30 : The Good Beer Guide is completely independent with listings based entirely on nomination and evaluation by CAMRA me… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Friday, 17:20 : We're logging out for the weekend - we'll pick up any questions or queries when we're back in the office on Monday!
- Friday, 12:05 : The Exeter Festival of Winter Ales starts today at Exeter City FC. Take a peer at the beer and cider list here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…