Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Local Pub CAMRA Discounts. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Hunts Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals) and other local beer festivals.
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote quality beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, check out the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
Our next festival will be held at the Burgess Hall, Westwood Rd, St Ives PE27 6WU
from Thursday 18 to Saturday 20 October 2018
We will have in the region of 70 real ales, plus around 15 ciders and perries
Put the dates in you diary now!
Festival Opening Times
Thu 18 Oct - Noon to 10:30 pm
Fri 19 Oct - Noon to 10:30 pm
Sat 20 Oct - Noon to 10:00 pm
Note: All times to be confirmed; please check back here nearer the event
2018 Festival Theme
Our theme for 2018 is the 50th Booze on the Ouse Festival (which includes those held in both St Ives and St Neots).
To celebrate the 50th festival we have sourced several beers with Gold or Golden in the name, in addition to the usual number of golden ales.
Beer and Cider Lists
Closer to the Festival you will find a list of the ales, ciders & perry that will be ordered here.
Click on the links below to view the beer and cider/perry lists that we had available at the St Neots Booze on the Ouse Festival earlier this year in March:
Cask-conditioned Beers - St Neots 2018
Bottled Beers - St Neots 2018
Cider & Perry - St Neots 2018
Tickets and Admission
No advance sales - Tickets will be available on the door only
To reduce queues and improve service, a token system will again be used for all purchases at the bar (beer, cider, wine and snacks).
A £10 entry package will be offered. This covers the entry fee, £3 (£4 Fri after 6 pm) for non-CAMRA members, a glass deposit (£3), with the remainder in tokens to spend at the bar. Extra tokens can also be purchased on entry or at any time during the festival. Entrance is only £1 for CAMRA members at all times; your £10 entry package includes the £3 glass deposit and £6 of bar tokens!
Our trade session will be held between 2 and 5 pm on Thu 18 Oct, with pub awards to be presented at ca 4 pm.
Sponsor a Cask!
We will be inviting companies, pubs and individuals to sponsor a cask of beer (or a tub/box of cider). The cost of this starts at £35 per cask and you will receive 2 free entry tickets, 2 free souvenir glasses and £10 worth of beer tokens. Other packages are available for sponsorship of multiple casks.
If you sponsor a cask, you will be able to select which beer you would like to sponsor; this will be on a 'first come first served' basis from when the beer list is posted (ca. 3 weeks before the festival opens). Names of companies, pubs or individuals will be displayed at the entrance and above the product(s) they are sponsoring. You are also welcome to bring along advertising flyers etc. to put on the tables in the hall or insert in the festival programme
Please contact Matt George at ku.gro.armac.stnuh@pihsrosnops if you would like to sponsor a cask.
If you have any questions about the St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse', see Festival Details for more details or please contact ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef
Pub and Local Beer and Cider Festivals
We are starting to hear of a number of pub and other local beer and cider festivals that are planned to take place this year. If your local pub is holding such an event or you are organising a local festival that you would like us to list, please send details to ku.gro.armac.stnuh@swen
Click on the following link to see our current listings of pub and local festivals.
Mystery Coach Trip
Branch social events to pubs and breweries in the region are always packed with laughs and a great atmosphere, and are an easy and enjoyable way to support the local publicans and brewers in and around our area. The recent 'Mystery Coach Trip' took a large group of CAMRA real ale and cider drinkers to the Lord Conrad's Brewery in Dry Drayton, followed by 7 pubs in the area. First of all, we would like to thank brewer Jon Neale for hosting our large group, giving us a brewery talk, and providing a selection of his real ales and cider and only asking for a charitable donation for each drink.
Thanks to the generosity of Jon and the donations from the drinkers £250 was raised for Cancer Research UK. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!
If you would like to come along to future Branch social events, please check out the Hunts Branch Diary for future plans. Also check out the Hunts Branch Memories for photos, reports and memories from previous social events.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Friday 11th May, 22:01 : Branch AGM tomorrow- 2pm upstairs in The Falcon, Huntingdon. All branch members welcome-bring your current membership card #seeyouthere
- Sunday 6th May, 12:19 : Some positive news on the Three Horseshoes at Wistow! huntspost.co.uk/news/campaigne…
- Saturday 5th May, 09:38 : Branch outing today #Nottingham #traintrip #beer #sun #fun
- Wednesday 2nd May, 13:31 : Local beer festivals this bank holiday weekend include the Chequers, Little Gransden. the Anchor, Little Paxton; th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Saturday 7th April, 19:13 : If you are looking for beer and ciders festivals taking place in and around the Huntingdonshire area, visit our web… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
HuntingdonshireCAMRA on Facebook
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday, 11:47 : RT @PlunkettFoundat: 🖥️ WEBINAR: Book your place for our FREE @CAMRA_Official webinar discussing their toolkit on saving your local pub… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Tuesday, 10:52 : RT @cambeerfest: It's looking to be another gorgeous day at the festival. Who's up for a beer? #cbf45 cambridgebeerfestival.com/2018/05/22/tue…
- Sunday, 10:30 : Be the first to know about the latest @CAMRABooks releases, exclusive member offers and discounts. Make sure you… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Saturday, 11:10 : Did you know that pub hours have been extended to give everyone a chance to celebrate the #RoyalWedding? Pubs an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Friday 18th May, 19:25 : As it's #CiderMonth, why not visit a pub that serves real cider this weekend? You can search for pubs that serve… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…