Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Local Pub CAMRA Discounts. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Hunts Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals) and other local beer festivals.
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote quality beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, check out the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
Our next festival will be held at the Priory Centre, Priory Lane, St Neots PE19 2BH
from Thursday 15 to Saturday 17 March 2018
We have ordered more than 70 real ales, plus around 16 ciders and perries
Put the dates in you diary now!
2018 Festival Theme
Our theme for 2018 is the 50th Booze on the Ouse Festival (which includes those held in both St Ives and St Neots). To celebrate the 50th festival we have sourced several beers with Gold or Golden in the name, in addition to the usual number of golden ales.
Festival Opening Times
Beer and Cider Lists
Tickets and Admission
No advance sales - Tickets will be available on the door only
To reduce queues and improve service, a token system will again be used for all purchases at the bar (beer, cider, wine and snacks).
A £10 entry package will be offered. This covers the entry fee, £3 (£4 Fri after 6 pm) for non-CAMRA members, a glass deposit (£3), with the remainder in tokens to spend at the bar. Extra tokens can also be purchased on entry or at any time during the festival. Entrance is only £1 for CAMRA members at all times; your £10 entry package includes the £3 glass deposit and £6 of bar tokens!
Our trade session will be held between 2 and 5 pm on Thu 15 Mar, with pub awards to be presented at ca 4 pm. Complimentary tickets for publicans are being distributed with your delivery of our new Opening Times magazine (Issue 173, Spring 2018). However, if you are in the trade (e.g. pub, bar, brewery or distributor) and have not received tickets by 4th March, please contact us at ku.gro.armacstnuh@lavitsef
Sponsor a Cask!
We will be inviting companies, pubs and individuals to sponsor a cask of beer (or a tub/box of cider). The cost of this starts at £35 per cask and you will receive 2 free entry tickets, 2 free souvenir glasses and £10 worth of beer tokens. Other packages are available for sponsorship of multiple casks.
If you sponsor a cask, you will be able to select which beer you would like to sponsor; this will be on a 'first come first served' basis from when the beer list is posted (ca. 3 weeks before the festival opens). Names of companies, pubs or individuals will be displayed at the entrance and above the product(s) they are sponsoring. You are also welcome to bring along advertising flyers etc. to put on the tables in the hall or insert in the festival programme
Please contact Matt George at ku.gro.armac.stnuh@pihsrosnops if you would like to sponsor a cask.
If you have any questions about the St Neots 'Booze on the Ouse', see Festival Details for more details or please contact ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef
Mystery Coach Trip
Branch social events to pubs and breweries in the region are always packed with laughs and a great atmosphere, and are an easy and enjoyable way to support the local publicans and brewers in and around our area. The recent 'Mystery Coach Trip' took a large group of CAMRA real ale and cider drinkers to the Lord Conrad's Brewery in Dry Drayton, followed by 7 pubs in the area. First of all, we would like to thank brewer Jon Neale for hosting our large group, giving us a brewery talk, and providing a selection of his real ales and cider and only asking for a charitable donation for each drink.
Thanks to the generosity of Jon and the donations from the drinkers £250 was raised for Cancer Research UK. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!
If you would like to come along to future Branch social events, please check out the Hunts Branch Diary for future plans. Also check out the Hunts Branch Memories for photos, reports and memories from previous social events.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Sunday, 21:25 : Less than a month until 'Booze on the Ouse' #BOTO 15-17 March at the @ThePrioryCentre in St Neots. The draft cider… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Sunday, 17:06 : "Because everybody loves a 'spoons" The 'best and worst' Wetherspoon pubs in Cambridgeshire cambridge-news.co.uk/whats-on/food-…
- Friday, 16:20 : Please help CAMRA choose the cask beers for GBBF in London in August. Send an email to email@example.com… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday 7th February, 15:07 : RT @BhouseThe: We will be catering home cooked hot and cold food for this event...see you there!! fb.me/7BFAuuV0V
- Wednesday 17th January, 13:35 : RT @CAMRA_Official: The @cambeerfest starts today and runs until Saturday. The festival aims to have an emphasis on the darker, riche… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
HuntingdonshireCAMRA on Facebook
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 14:15 : There's still time to be a part of CAMRA's Members' Weekend, AGM and Conference. To register to attend or to find… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Sunday, 11:20 : 📚 If you fancy a spot of Sunday shopping, we've got two new titles available for pre-order at an exclusive price on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Friday, 17:05 : We're now out of the office for the weekend - if you have any questions for us please do ask them and we'll pick them up on Monday
- Friday, 13:35 : Time is running out if you want to apply to join us as a Campaigns Manger - the deadline for applications is Sunday… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Friday, 12:43 : Response from Colin Valentine, CAMRA National Chairman, to the recent Derby Drinker magazine crossword. pic.twitter.com/7J5EUAzbuP