Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Local Pub CAMRA Discounts. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Hunts Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals) and other local beer festivals.
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote quality beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, check out the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
Our next festival will be held at the
Priory Centre, Priory Lane, St Neots PE19 2BH
from Thursday 14 to Saturday 16 March 2019
We are aiming to have around 66 real ales, 6 Keykeg craft beers, plus 16 real ciders and perries
Put the dates in you diary now!
Festival Opening Times
New for 2019 - We will open at 11 am each day!
Thu 14 Mar - 11 am to 10:30 pm
Fri 15 Mar - 11 am to 10:30 pm
Sat 16 Mar - 11 am to 10 pm
2019 Festival Theme
This year's theme is based on the Hunts CAMRA branch logo and we aim to highlight the efforts that our volunteers put in to make each festival a resounding success. A big thank you to all who give up their valuable time!
Beer and Cider Lists
The lists for St Neots 2019 are as follows. There may be some alterations up until the festival due to unavailability, but we will do our best to keep these lists up to date where possible.
Tickets and Admission
No advance sales - Tickets will be available on the door only
To reduce queues and improve service, a token system will again be used for all purchases at the bar (beer, cider, wine and snacks).
A £10 entry package will be offered. This covers the entry fee, £3 (£4 Fri after 6 pm) for non-CAMRA members, a glass deposit (£3), with the remainder in tokens to spend at the bar. Extra tokens can also be purchased on entry or at any time during the festival. Entrance is only £1 for CAMRA members at all times; your £10 entry package includes the £3 glass deposit and £6 of bar tokens! You are welcome to keep your festival glass, although undamaged glasses may be returned for a refund of your deposit.
Our trade session will be held between 2 and 5 pm on Thu 14 Mar, with pub awards to be presented at ca 4 pm. Complimentary tickets for publicans will be distributed with your delivery of the Spring issue of Opening Times magazine.
Sponsor a Cask!
We will be inviting companies, pubs and individuals to sponsor a cask of beer (or a tub/box of cider). The cost of this starts at £35 per cask and you will receive 2 free entry tickets, 2 free souvenir glasses and £10 worth of beer tokens. Other packages are available for sponsorship of multiple casks.
If you sponsor a cask, you will be able to select which beer you would like to sponsor; this will be on a 'first come first served' basis from when the beer list is posted (ca. 3 weeks before the festival opens). Names of companies, pubs or individuals will be displayed at the entrance and above the product(s) they are sponsoring. You are also welcome to bring along advertising flyers etc. to put on the tables in the hall or insert in the festival programme
Please contact ku.gro.armac.stnuh@pihsrosnops if you would like to sponsor a cask.
If you have any questions about the St Neots 'Booze on the Ouse', see Festival Details for more details or please contact ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef
Pub and Local Beer and Cider Festivals
We are starting to hear of a number of pub and other local beer and cider festivals that are planned to take place this year. If your local pub is holding such an event or you are organising a local festival that you would like us to list, please send details to ku.gro.armac.stnuh@swen
Click on the following link to see our current listings of pub and local festivals.
Hunts CAMRA Pub Awards 2019
The following awards were presented during the opening session of the St Neots 'Booze on the Ouse' Beer and Cider Festival 2019.
The winner of the Overall Branch Pub of the Year 2019 is The Ale Taster, St Neots
Rural Pub of the Year: The Chequers, Little Gransden
Urban Pub of the Year: The Ale Taster, St Neots
Cider Pub of the Year: The Ale Taster, St Neots
Community Pub of the Year: Haywain, St Ives
Here are the details of all the other Pub Awards. Congratulations to all winners and nominees.
The following awards will be presented during the trade session at St Ives Booze on the Ouse in October:
MOST IMPROVED RURAL PUB
MOST IMPROVED URBAN PUB
MILD/DARK ALE PUB
Nominations for these awards will be announced here.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Saturday 18th May, 07:36 : It’s our AGM this afternoon-upstairs in the Falcon, Huntingdon at 2 pm. Come and join us-all members welcome. Lasts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday 13th April, 12:23 : So far so good-around 30 members in the York Tap looking forward to a day of beer exploring!! pic.twitter.com/rhroHA9r4J
- Saturday 13th April, 06:09 : We’re off to York today for our annual train trip. It’s not too late to join us. See the Branch Diary on our websit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Sunday 17th March, 22:47 : Thank you to everyone who came along - we had a great time. Big thank you too to all our volunteers… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday 16th March, 11:17 : Third and final day of #BOTO is underway. Come on down and help us to finish the beers!!!
HuntingdonshireCAMRA on Facebook
HuntingdonshireCAMRA Young Members on Facebook
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 12:33 : RT @feralfruits: Gav from @RamsgateBrewery hard at it guiding festival goers through Gadd’s No.11 on keykeg and in cans in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 13:00 : We have officially launched our #SummerOfPub campaign with this weekend's PUBlic holiday! Make sure you share your… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 11:43 : RT @thispiggybeer: @CricketersMillG Enjoying a great ale in the sun & supporting @CAMRA_Official #summerofpubs. Please use your local pubs!!
- Saturday, 11:18 : RT @gillyinthepub: So as I declared a few years ago this is National Go to the Pub Bank Holiday Weekend - and now @CAMRA_Official are… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 11:40 : The Matlock & Dales CAMRA Beer Festival 2019 opens its doors today 🍻 @MAD_CAMRA With over 40 cask beers, 8 key ke… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…