Sandford HouseGeorge Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
A stylish conversion of two Victorian buildings by JD Wetherspoon and offering a number of different drinking and eating areas. Sandford House is built on the site of the original Huntingdon Theatre, a chapel dating from 1848 and was the home of the Victorian industrialist Charles Sandford Windover. More recent uses include the town's Post Office and a furniture retailer. The usual Wetherspoon offering of a wide range of good value food and drink. A 22 room hotel is to the rear of the pub.