Crown & Cushion2 West Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Picture-postcard village pub, parts of which date from the 16th century. The oldest part, thought to date from the 1560's and forming the main bar and includes many exposed beams, is the thatched upper area of this split-level pub. The lower part, a lounge and dining area, is thought to date from the 1830's and features a large open fireplace. The building has been used as a pub since 1870. The name was changed from the Crown to the more unusual Crown and Cushion in 1910, possibly to coincide with the coronation of George V. This busy village pub has much to offer, New owners plan to reintroduce music in the near future.